Saturday 8 October 2005

Filthy luddites


Does anyone listening to my ranting have any special words or phrases that they like to use on a regular basis, but which are uncommon?

The other day, as I was walking through the long narrow hallway which connects the east and west wings of Boalt, I started calling all of the people who were slowing me down “filthy luddites.” Of course I was doing this under my breath as I am generally non-confrontational. (This blog is anonymous after all). The genius of calling someone a  filthy luddite is that it implies that you are “progress”. Nothing appeals to me more than to think of myself as progress. Calling someone a luddite then is multi-tasking, it is both an insult, and a mid-day affirmation. Try it yourself, I think you will find it to be incredibly refreshing.

Please post any special words or phrases you have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment